Friday, July 24, 2009

Life Long Learning THING #2

Not being a life long learner seems surreal to me! However, the more I am exposed to people the more apparent it becomes--- that the need to learn is not innate for some people. After reading 7 1/2 Habits of Highly Successful Life Long Learners it became clear that whether these habits are innate or taught, teaching has always been a way of life for me which makes Habit #7 by far the easiest. Early on my parents were teaching me and expecting me to pass on that new knowledge to family and friends. My earliest memory was around the age of 4......standing at a chalkboard teaching friends . Which could have lead to the most difficult of the habits. Habit #3 is an issue with me still today. Even though, I love the challenge of learning something new, I view much of the process as a problem until it is mastered and conquered and moving on to the next lesson. Throughout each learning experiences, I must focus on enjoying challenges rather than becoming frustrated with the learning process. My goal has to be model with excitement my learning understand how to improve my learning experiences while encouraging and developing life long learners with students, friends and family.

No comments:

Post a Comment